Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Concept art

Everyone
a. Play platformer games -
1. analyze at least one in detail to determine what makes it fun.
The game I picked was from Rich Dad Poor Dad called “CashFlow”. The game ended up not being the same kind of platform we are going for in our game. It was more of a board game style, however, I did learn from the game. The game organized facts and stats so it was easy for the player to read and use. It was a 2d game and I analyzed the art style, which was probably done in illustrator. Overall the game was fun and I learned what I could from it to apply to our game.



So more concept art. I was assigned to do some concept art for the villans in the game. I drew several ideas for villans and some powers they might have. These were concept for the main boss and the end of the levels. With the villan concept art i also drew a few HUD ideas and elaborated on some concept ideas for lanters and the sword of light.
I will scan the concept drawings in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment